Monday, October 26, 2009

Zombie Marvel Superhero Cake

My friend and hairdresser Franc asked me to do a cake for his friend Philip's Halloween birthday party.  All he said was it was a Halloween party and it was a Super Hero themed party.  I knew that Marvel and DC both did a zombie series...but I wanted to personalize the cake a bit.  Philips was going as Flash Gordon and his partner, Ray, was going as Captain America.   I chose to add in Wolverine and Spider-Man because they are personal favorites of mine.  I would have preferred to do a fondant cake - so that I could make the "ground" look more like a graveyard, but they don't like the taste...so, I went with a non-dairy whipped topping.  Not as exciting or gory, but still a cool cake...and here's the result!






I made the fondant figures first, let them dry and harden...then hand painted them.  Here are before and after shots:

Zombie Captain America



(the star was added later to his shield)





 Zombie Flash Gordon




Zombie Wolverine





 

Zombie Spiderman


I wish you could see his spine - it's being pulled out and has bright green pus oozing out!!!




Poor Spidey lost his leg...

No comments: