Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maya's Birthday

My friend and co-worker, Christine, was throwing a birthday party for her daughter Maya. It is an important ideal to their family to teach Maya about diversity, cultures and the world around us...what a neat idea for a theme! She asked to have a smash cake shaped like a globe with cupcakes topped with children from different countries.

I had a great time finding images on-line - I used some sketches from a stock photo site - and put a few changes to the details.

Grandma is still in the hospital - so again, I had a few challenges in terms of time management - as I was at the hospital a lot. But all in all, I was happy with the results. :)






1 comment:

Leslie Saito-Liu said...

I love this theme and these cupcakes are so cute! will have to remember this for future bdays.