Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coach Purse Sculpted Cake

Francis is the BEST husband ever!

Not only did he buy his wife Jane a Coach purse for Christmas...but for her birthday - he got her another one!!! Well...a cake that looks like one anyway. :)




I made a black and silver Sabrina Op Art Coach purse - it was a lot of work...but a ton of fun!

The cake was a mocha chocolate cake with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream. The original plan was to have the handles stand up - but they needed a few more days to dry for that - oh well. Lesson learned.

I made the "C"s using a paintbrush and some silver luster dust. The ornaments, logo, and emblem are made from fondant - and handpainted. I am most proud of the beading on the three tags. It took forever - but what a payoff! The realism made all the difference.




I only wish I had an airbrush machine - someday... someday... Travis finally sees the importance of the tool to make these cakes just that much better.

I'll post photos of the party soon - Happy Birthday Jane! :)

Shot of the Top

Shot of the back

No comments: