Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lacee's Bridal Shower


My friend Lynn asked me to do the dessert for her daughter Lacee's bridal shower - what an honor! Lacee is marrying an Indian fellow named Tejas and they are planning two separate ceremonies - an American wedding and an Indian wedding - so I thought I'd incorporate her wedding Mehndi with her Tiffany themed shower. I saw a cake on-line that was perfect for what we were thinking. All I did was change the design around the monogram!






I used the mocha chocolate cupcake/cake recipe with buttercream frosting.

The cake was layered with dark chocolate ganache and buttercream...YUM. I decided against using fondant for the cake because I wanted a really clean square. The Mehndi and the monogram was done in royal icing and for the frosting I tinted using Wilton Teal Gel coloring.


The Tiffany bows were made from marshmallow fondant.


Early this morning I delivered the cake and 48 cupcakes to a very excited and very nervous mother! :) Best wishes Lacee and Tejas!

3 comments:

Leslie Saito-Liu said...

HOLY CRAP! I had no idea that you were such an awesome baker! I should have known from the cookies you made for Jeri's bridal shower...wowee!! You might want to check out my friend's blog: simplysweetsaz.blogspot.com or her website www.simply-sweets.com.

Maybe you should start your own business!

Jeri said...

Woah!!! Nice... but then again I knew that you would do a kick-a$$ job.

Jess said...

These are so pretty! Dude, you should check out http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

It is hilarious.