Saturday, July 12, 2008

Butterflies for Teresa


These are some cupcakes I made for my friend Teresa's birthday. She loves yellow cake and chocolate frosting - so...I made the yellow cake and topped them with whipped chocolate ganache. I made the butterflies from royal icing - printed a template from Pretty Party Cakes (Peggy Porschen) that were just the wings - covered it with cellophane, put a thin layer of Crisco down to make sure the icing didn't stick, then piped the butterflies. I let them dry for two days. I used cardstock paper folded in a "M" shape layered with parchment paper to attach the wings to a thin line of royal icing and let dry for 3 hours or so. Once dry, I frosted the cupcakes then placed the butterflies on top - VIOLA!

I wish I had photos of the process - my almost two year old kiddo "ate" our memory card so we're waiting our new one to come in the mail! Yikes!!!







1 comment:

Jess said...

Dude. Who are you, Ace of Cakes? Jeez! These are freakin awesome. Now I want a Thomas cake for my bday!